SHEL LAB Forced Air Ovens
Starting at from $2,862.23 Sale $2,432.90
Select a product below and add it to your cart to request a quote.
SHEL LAB Forced Air Ovens
SHEL LABS Mechanical Convection Laboratory Ovens - Rapid Heat-Up Time to 306°C
Ideal for Industrial, Analytical and General Laboratory Applications
SHEL LAB SMO Series laboratory ovens are recommended for critical scientific and analytical use in laboratory and pilot plant product research. Typical applications include aging, curing, drying, baking, pre-heating, conditioning and life cycle testing. Choose from three cabinet sizes, each with forced-air circulation and reserve heating power for quick recovery after door openings.
SMO Series Features and Benefits
The SMO Series ovens are engineered for safe, accurate and uniform performance in demanding laboratory environments.
- Fast ramp-up to 306°C for faster cycle times.
- Temperature range approximately 20°C above ambient to 306°C for multiple applications.
- Advanced PID temperature control system for sensitive response.
- Built-in digital timer for automatic operation following manual start.
- Independent overtemperature setpoint and operational control override for additional safety.
- Stainless steel interior construction for long life operation, easy cleaning.
- Forced-air circulation to assure maximum temperature uniformity.
- Triple-wall construction to minimize external surface temperature.
- Stainless steel shelves are adjustable on 0.5" (12.7mm) centers to provide flexible inventory options.
- Rear access port, 1.75" diameter (44mm) for independent cables, instrumentation.
- Exhaust port, 3" diameter (76mm), adjustable, with external connection to customer-supplied vent for effluent exhaust if required.
- Internationally certified CAN/CSA, UL, EN, IEC 61010, and compliant with CE.
High Temperature Performance: SHEL LAB SMO Series ovens are available in 110-120V, 50/60Hz configurations and achieve temperatures up to 306°C with fast ramp-up and recovery times.
Heat-Up: Rapid heat-up times to 306°C depend on voltage selected. Published heat-up performance is based on a standard cabinet under controlled testing at a 20°C ambient temperature, line voltage ±10% of specified voltage.
Recovery: Upper vents are closed when recovery times following door openings are tested. Published recovery performance is based on a standard cabinet under controlled testing at a (22 ± 3)°C ambient temperature, line voltage ±10% of specified voltage.
|Interior Volume, Nominal||1.39 cu ft (39.4 liters)||3 cu ft (85 liters)||4.9 cu ft (138 liters)|
|Interior Dimensions, W x D x H||12.1 x 14.5 x 13.75" (30.7 x 36.8 x 39.4 cm)||16.5 x 16.25 x 19.5" (41.9 x 41.2 x 49.5 cm)||21 x 20.75 x 19.44" (53.3 x 52.7 x 49.4 cm)|
|Exterior Dimensions, W x D x H||22.7 x 31.5 x 23.5" (57.7 x 80.0 x 59.6 cm)||26.9 x 34 x 28.6" (68.4 x 86.4 x 72.7 cm)||31.4 x 38.8 x 28.1" (79.8 x 98.5 x 71.4 cm)|
|Interior Construction||400 series stainless steel||400 series stainless steel||400 series stainless steel|
|Exterior Construction||20 gauge steel, powder coated||20 gauge steel, powder coated||20 gauge steel, powder coated|
|Shelves||2 standard, 6 total||2 standard, 7 total||2 standard, 9 total|
|Maximum Weight per Shelf||50 lbs (22.7 kg)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)|
|Permitted Total Load||100 lbs (45 kg)||200 lbs (91 kg)||200 lbs (91 kg)|
|Electrical||50/60 Hz, AC||50/60 Hz, AC||50/60 Hz, AC|
|Full Load Amps||12||14||14|
|Nominal Power (watts @ 150°C)||650||675||700|
|NEMA Plug Supplied||5-15P||5-15P||5-15P|
|Energy Consumption at 80°C (kWh/day)||6.5||7.2||7.5|
|Energy Consumption at 150°C (kWh/day)||12.4||13.1||13.5|
|Energy Consumption at 306°C (kWh/day)||19.8||23.5||23.8|
|Temperature Uniformity at 80°C||1.00°C||1.00°C||0.75°C|
|Temperature Uniformity at 150°C||2.25°C||1.75°C||1.75°C|
|Temperature Uniformity at 306°C||4.70°C||5.00°C||4.50°C|
|Air Changes/Hr at 80°C||330||225||180|