This spherical mantle covers both top and bottom of 1-, 2-, or 3-neck spherical flasks for improved safety and efficiency. The circumferential zipper holds the halves snugly together to prevent heat loss, and the side split in top allows removal without disturbing the flask. Use with the Glas-Col Series O support is recommended. Heating mantles are preferred to Bunsen burners or hot plates for organic liquids. They provide even heating (no hot spots) and maximum surface coverage for better temperature uniformity.
- • Fabric exterior provides effective heating in a space saving configuration
- • Fabric interior to softly nest glass vessels to reduce the chance of thermal shock and damage to glassware
- • Withstands 400°C internal operating temperature
- • Ideal for bottom holes, viewing ports, and other tabulations
- • All 115 volt units are CSA certified
- • Mantle accomodates single and multi neck flasks
- • Electrical: Separable 4 foot 2 wire cord and locking connector
Applications: Heating mantles are the safest and most commonly used method to heat a reaction mixture.
Caution: Chemical spillage, overheating, overloading, and general misuse will greatly reduce service life!