High quality and cost effective syringe filters are available in a broad range of membrane materials with sterile and non-sterile packaging options.
• Luer-Lok™ and pressure fitting
• Ultrasonically bonded for reliability
• Filter media type clearly inscribed on barrel
• Excellent unit-to-unit and lot-to-lot reproducibility and consistency
• High purity virgin polypropylene housing, no dyes or pigments added
• Every unit type is available as an individually wrapped gamma sterilized pack
• Unique concentric funnel shaped barrel increases volume and decreases back pressure
Compare our sterile and non-sterile syringe filters to name brands such as Pall* Acrodisc* and Whatman Puradisc*.
Filtration Media / Application Guide (hydrophobic or hydrophilic)
Glass microfiber filter media - prefilter versions available in all variations
+ Mixed Cellulose Esters (MCE) - Hydrophilic - Mixed Cellulose Esters (MCE) - Hydrophilic
- • This membrane is recommended for all filtrations in aqueous or polar media, bacteria filtration
- • Ideal when maximum protein recovery in filtrate is crucial
- • Used for filtration and inspection of gas, oil and alcohol particulate and bacteria
- • Combined with glass microfiber prefilter, ideal for tissue culture media and sensitive biological samples
- • Sample filtration - prefilter increases yield
+ Cellulose acetate (CA) - Hydrophilic - Cellulose acetate (CA) - Hydrophilic
- • Very low binding capacity for proteins.
- • Material is nitrate-free making it suitable for groundwater & EPA ASTM’s.
- • For filtration under sterile conditions
- • Filtration and clarification of biological fluids, sterilization of media additives and serum
- • Sample preparation of aqueous solutions
- • For applications requiring maximum sample recovery
- • Sample preparation of protein-based HPLC solutions
- • Designed to sterilize and remove particulates from even the most viscous proteinaceous samples
- • Filtration of tissues culture media with glass fiber prefilter
+ Polyamide/Nylon (PA) - Hydrophilic - Polyamide/Nylon (PA) - Hydrophilic
- • Hydrophilic material; it is recommended for filtration of aqueous or organic/aqueous medium polar liquids.
- • Commonly used for general laboratory filtration and filtration of HPLC and GC samples prior to injection
- • Filtration of aqueous and organic-aqueous polar medium liquids
- • Dissolution sample analysis
- • Suitable for use with high pH samples
- • Since it binds proteins it is NOT suitable for protein recovery applications
- • With microfiber prefilter higher absorption capacity for contamination
+ Polyethersulfone (PES) - Hydrophilic - Polyethersulfone (PES) - Hydrophilic
- • High filtration flow rates
- • An inherently low affinity for proteins.
- • Low extractables
- • Introduction of additives into tissue culture vessel.
- • Certified for Ion Chromatography
- • Final filtration of bacteriophage and infusion solutions
- • Tissue culture, proteins, buffer and nucleic acids filtration
- • Ideal for applications requiring maximum sample recovery
- • Filter hybridization solutions and probe to reduce backgrounds
- • Food, beverages and ultra pure water final filtration
- • Sterile product individually blister packed
+ Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) - Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic - Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) - Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic
- • PTFE membranes are inherently hydrophobic; they are ideal for the filtration of nonpolar liquids and gases.
- • Very resistant to solvents as well as acids or bases.
- • Can be made more hydrophilic by flushing with alcohol, followed by water
- • Used for filtering and de-gassing chromatography solvents
- • Permits optimal utilization of small sample volumes
- • Excellent chemical compatibility for filtering harsh chemicals that destroy other membrane materials
- • Moisture barrier for venting applications and vacuum pump line protection
- • Ideal for aerosol sampling
- • Filter viscous organic based HPLC samples
- • Glass microfiber prefilter raises absorption capacity and loading
- • After pre-wetting with alcohol, may be used for fine particle removal of aqueous and mild organic solutions in Ion Chromatography
+ Glass Fiber Prefilters - Glass Fiber Prefilters
- • For viscose solutions or for turbid liquids
- • Ideal for use as a prefilter in series with other syringe filters
- • Glass microfiber filter media enclosed in this series is binderless 1.0µm retention
- • Reduces clogging of the membrane, so ideal as a prefilter to increase throughput and flow rate
- • Ideal for dissolution testing and general filtration
- • Applicable to all membrane types, allowing higher flow rates
- • Good compatibility with strong acids, bases and organic solvents
- • Similar in composition to binderless borosilicate glass microfiber media available as disks and sheets