Your browser does not meet current security standards and will be unable to proceed through checkout. To finalize your purchase online please update your browser or give us a call at 1.800.733.2522 to place your order.
Thermo Scientific MaxQ 4450 Incubated Benchtop Orbital Shakers
from $5,783.00sale $5,204.70(save 10%)
Combine incubated and refrigerated temperatures with a small footprint by using Thermo Scientific™ MaxQ™ 4450 Benchtop Orbital Shakers. These versatile shakers are ideal for incubating a small number of vessels and are used for cell culture, solubility studies, extraction procedures, protein expression and many other applications. Warranty: 5-yr parts, 2-yr labor, 10-yr on drive.
• Clear, scratch-resistant lid allows unobstructed sample viewing without disturbing chamber temperature
• Chamber holds four 1L flasks
• Choose from two temperature ranges: incubated (5°C above ambient to 80°C) or with a cooling coil option that requires a chiller (5°C below ambient to 80°C)
• Monitor and control chamber temperature range with ±0.1°C accuracy at 37°C
• Triple eccentric drive handles heavy loads, uniform agitation and continuous 24-hour operation, even at high speeds
• Overtemperature safety feature with independent thermostat provides additional backup by controlling heat if main temperature controller fails
• Interlock stops platform when lid is opened
• Three individual LED displays: speed, time and temperature
• Variable speed control from 15 to 500rpm
• Continuous and timed operation from 0.1 hour up to 999 hours or 0.1 to 999 min.
• Shaker shutdown and audible/visual alarms signal temperature deviations or if unit operates ±10% of set speed, preventing shaker from walking
• Soft-start feature eliminates sudden starts and stops, splashing of vessel contents or wetting of flask closure
• Set point retention retains parameters during power failure and restarts unit automatically after power is restored
• Solid-state DC brushless motor is maintenance-free
• Provides a refrigerated atmosphere
• For plasmid purification and protein expression in bacteria for use with MaxQ 4450 with cooling coil option
• Achieve temperature ranges from 20° to 30°C
For a complete system, order platforms and clamps (sold separately).
Universal Platform (without clamps) or Dedicated Platform (with pre-installed clamps). All MaxQ 4450 shakers with cooling coil require a chiller sold separately.
• Cell culture
• Solubility studies
• Extraction procedures
• Plasmid purification
• General mixing
• Bacterial suspensions
• Staining and destaining
• Washing procedures
• Protein expression in bacteria
15 to 500 ±1rpm
Temperature Range (Metric)
Ambient+5° to 60°C
1.9cm (0.75 in.)
Length (English) Platform
Width (English) Platform
Length (Metric) Platform
Width (Metric) Platform
Four 1L Flasks
Height (English) Exterior
Height (Metric) Exterior
Length (English) Exterior
Length (Metric) Exterior
Load Bearing Capacity
35 lb. (15.9 kg)
Triple eccentric drive
Shipping Weight (English)
Shipping Weight (Metric)
Width (English) Exterior
Width (Metric) Exterior
Incubated without cooling coil
UL, cUL, CE
Dimensions (L x W x H) Exterior
27.2 x 14.1 x 15.8 in. (69.1 x 35.8 x 40.1cm)
Thermo Scientific MaxQ Orbital Shaker Promotion!
Order the "PROMO" version of a MaxQ Shaker to receive a FREE Universal Platform and Clamp Starter Kit!