IN STOCK Air Science Purair® Basic Ductless Fume Hoodsfrom $1,780.00
*Note: Units do not ship with filters.
The Purair® Basic ductless fume hoods are a series of high efficiency products designed to protect the user and the environment from hazardous vapors generated on the work surface. At the heart of the Purair® fume hood product line is the innovative Air Science® Multiplex™ Filtration Technology that creates a safe work environment over the widest range of applications in the industry.
Advanced carbon filtration technology offers a safe, high performance alternative to conventional ducted fume hoods for a broad range of applications.
- • Environment Benefits. Air Science ductless fume hoods isolate and trap chemical vapors to prevent ecological impact through release into the environment.
- • Versatile. Each filtration system i selected for its specific application. The Multiplex Filter broadens the range of applications. Carbon filters are available in more than 14 configurations for use with vapors or organic solvents, acids, mercury and formaldehyde. HEPA/ULPA filters can add to biological safety.
- • Easy to Install. The ductless fume hood is self-contained and does not require venting to the outside. Many units are portable and may be moved from one location to the next with minimal downtime and without filter changes. Set-up, operation and filter maintenance are straightforward.
- • Energy Efficient. Because filtered air is returned to the room, no demands are required of the facility HVAC capacity for make-up air.
- • Cost Effective. Facility ductwork, HVAC and construction costs are eliminated.
- • Safe to Use. Cabinet airflow and face velocity protect users from incidental exposures to fumes.
- • Self testing. (selected models) Electronics air-flow monitoring assures continuous safety. An electronic gas sensor monitors carbon filter performance.
- • Filter I.D. Window: A strategically placed front cover window shows the installed filter part number and installation date for convenience and to encourage timely filter replacement.
- • Air Velometer: (Optional) An analog air velocity meter in the field of vision of the user.
- • Hinged Front Sash: When closed, the cabinet sash protects the contents from inadvertent external contact, and better isolates the air within. The sash is easy to open and close.
- • Control Panel: Electronic controls and displays include switches for the blower and low airflow alarm.
- • Steel Support Frame: The chemical resistant epoxy coated steel frame adds mechanical strength. The pre-filter can be changed while the unit is operating to prevent operator exposure to chemical vapors.
- • Electrostatic Pre-Filter: The 99.5% effective electrostatic pre-filter is accessible from inside.
- • Pass Through Port: Electrical cords and cables are safely routed into the cabinet through ports on the back and side walls.
- • Color: The cabinet is white with blue trim; side and back panels are clear.
- • Airflow Alarm: A continuous air velocity monitoring system alerts the operator upon unacceptable values.
- • Manual Speed Controller: The operator may set the centrifugal fan motor speed as desired.
- • 360 Degree Visibility: Clear back and side panels allow ambient illumination into the chamber and provide users with an unobsctructed view of its contents.
- • Standards Compliant: Performance specifications and ocnstruction meet or exceed OSHA, ANSI and relevant international standards to assure operator safety.
PURAIR BASIC FEATURES & BENEFITS
- • High capacity air handling system delivers face velocity of 100 fpm.
- • A low airflow alarm warns of insufficient face velocity.
- • The Air Science filter assembly is easy to access, easy to change.
- • A unique filter clamping design eliminates bypass leakage outside the cabinet.
- • Accessories include an optional filter saturation alarm.
- • Air Science fume hoods use energy-efficient ebmpapst brand centrifugal blowers for long life, dependable performance.
||Purair® Model P5-24
||Purair® Model P5-36
||Purair® Model P5-48
|Face Velocity FPM
|Noise, dBA, 1 meter
||Compact fluorescent lamp
||White epoxy coated steel frame and head unit. Clear sides and back panel.
||ebmpapst™ centrifugal fan
||Low airflow alarm, standard
||Electrostatic, 1lbs. / 45 kg (nominal)
|Main Filter Specifications
||(1 filter) 11 lbs / 5 kg
||(2 filters) 22 lbs / 9.6 kg
|External Dimensions (W x D x H)
||24 x 27 x 31"
610 x 676 x 781 mm
|36 x 27 x 31"
914 x 676 x 781 mm
|48 x 27 x 31"
1219 x 676 x 781 mm
|Shipping Dimensions (W x D x H)
||40 x 40 x 30"
1016 x 1016 x 762 mm
|40 x 40 x 40"
1016 x 1016 x 1016 mm
|45 x 55 x 40"
1143 x 1397 x 1016 mm
||68 lbs. / 31 kg
||95 lbs. / 43 kg
||133 lbs. / 60 kg
||125 lbs. / 57 kg
||152 lbs. / 69 kg
||190 lbs. / 86 kg
|Note: Units do not come with filters.
|Purair® Models P5-24 and P5-36 take 1 filter.
Purair® Model P5-48 takes 2 filters.
||The most widely used filter in the
range, primarily for solvent, organic,
and alcohol removal.
||Neutralizes volatile inorganic acid
|HEPA / ULPA
||Powders and particulates.
|Standards & Compliance
|Quality Management Systems
|Chemical Fume Containment
||ANSI/ASHRAE 110 1995
|Carbon Filter Efficiency
SEFA Standard 9
ANFOR NFX 15-211
ROHS Exempt under EEE
||ANSI Z 9.5-2003
ANSI Z 9.7-1998
|OSHA, Occupation Safety
and Health Administration
|OSHA Standard -29 CRF,
Safety and Health Regulations
for General Industry, 1910.1450;
Occupational exposure to
hazardous chemicals in
laboratories. Part B, definition,
laboratory type hood. All Air
Science® products meet this
Energy Star Partner
Ductless Fume Hoods